- Environmental Sustainability Policy
- Environment & Energy Management
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- Responding to Initiatives
Environment & Energy Management
Energy Conservation Measures
In 2022, SYSTEX purchased 89,000 kWh of t-RECs (83,493 kWh recognized for use in 2022), with a total carbon emission reduction of 41.3 tCO2e and a renewable energy rate of 1.5%.
2022 Energy Consumption Table
|Emissions of Category 2 (tCO2e)|
Note: After an external 3rd-party verified the Category 2 GHG emissions, SYSTEX was verified to purchase 89,000 kWh of t-RECs, of which 83,493 kWh are recognized for use in 2022.
3-year Renewable Energy Consumption
Monitoring Plan through Environment and Energy Management System
|Drinking water quality||E. coli||Outsourcing||Quarterly|
|Greenhouse Gas Inventory||GHG emission||Internal||Annually|
|Water consumption in offices||Water use||Internal||Monthly|
|General waste in offices||Waste weight||Outsourcing||Monthly|
|Recycling waste in offices||Recycling weight||Outsourcing||Quarterly|
|Identify internal and external issues and stakeholder concerns||—||Internal||Annually|
|Energy review and baseline||—||Internal||Annually|
|Laws and regulations||—||Internal||Quarterly|
|Achievement of goals||—||Internal||Quarterly|
|Achievement of action plans||—||Internal||Irregularly|
|Energy data collection plans||—||Monitoring System||Continuously|
|Internal audits for ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 14064-1||—||Internal||Annually|
|Management review meetings of ISO 14001 and ISO 50001||—||Internal||Annually|
|External audits for ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 14064-1||—||Outsourcing||Annually|
Resource Management Action Plan
Office Water Stewardship
- Since SYSTEX is an IT service company, its water usage is only daily use in offices.
- The SYSTEX headquarters building is fully equipped with sensor faucets and water economizers of toilets to save water.
- SYSTEX puts up the water-saving signs in the pantry room to promote environment protection.
- The total water consumption was 21,112 kL, with a decrease of 1,443 kL (approximately 79.94 kgCO2e) compared with the base year 2020.
Note: Achieved the 2022 original goal of “a cumulative 23% water consumption reduction compared with the base year 2020”.
- The water consumption reduction is cumulative 30% compared with the base year 2020.
Office Paper Management
- For non-confidential and non-personal documents, SYSTEX treats these papers as recycled waste ones to remind employees of the importance of saving papers.
- In accordance with “Personal Data Protection Act” and awareness of resource regeneration, the confidential documents are regularly collected and destroyed.
- Replace paper forms with digital systems and use rental eco-friendly copy machines with EPA-certified eco-labels.
- The total of 2.18M sheets was used, with a decrease of 317,000 sheets (approximately 2,028.8 kgCO2e) compared with the previous year.
Note: Achieved the 2022 original goal of “a decrease of 250,000 sheets compared with the previous year”.
- The paper usage reduction is 275,000 sheets(A4) compared with the previous year.
Office Waste Management
- Since SYSTEX is an IT service company, it doesn’t generate hazardous or polluting waste.
- According to “Wasted Disposal Act” and other relevant regulations, all IT-related waste should be disposed of according to a specific process, and then disposed by the recyclers, so as to prevent data leakage.
- The recyclers monthly collect waste-related data for SYSTEX to improve waste management. and reduce damage to the environment.
- The total waste was 68.7 tons, with an increase of 0.8 tons (approximately 161.2 kgCO2e) compared with the base year 2020.
Note: Due to the implementation of office cleaning in 2022, the total waste increased by 0.8 tons compared to the base year.
- The total waste reduction is cumulative 3% compared with the base year 2020.